Copyright © 2021 Kunshan Yuhuan Package Materials Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
The World Health Organization reports that up to 300,000 people worldwide die from falls each year, half of whom are over 60 years old. It's time to remind your family to pay attention!
Dangers of falls
1. Physical: Physical injuries such as head injuries, fractures, ligament strains.
2. Psychological aspect: afraid to go out because of fear. 3.
3. social aspect: fall, mobility problems, quality of life is reduced, and someone needs to accompany you.
Causes of falls
1. Age ≥ 65 years old.
2. Previous history of falls.
3. Slippery ground, too slippery shoes, oversized or too long clothes and pants.
4. Unstable gait, presence of obstacles on the ground, improper use of equipment such as wheelchairs.
5. Loss of vision or suffering from eye disease, malnutrition, dizziness, etc.
6. Taking special medications: antihypertensive drugs, sedatives, painkillers, anti-allergic drugs, diuretics, etc. can dull the senses.
With so many hazards associated with falls, is there any way to prevent or reduce the occurrence of falls?
Prevention of falls
For those who are bedridden for a long time, when you get up, you should move slowly and gradually, following the "trilogy" of lying down for 30 seconds, sitting up for 30 seconds, standing up for 30 seconds, and walking, avoiding sudden changes in position that may cause postural hypotension, especially at night.
2. If you have black eyes, weakness of lower limbs and unstable walking, sit (squat) in place or lean against the wall immediately and call for help.
3. Please wear the right size of clothes and pants, should not walk in slippers, the size of shoes should be just right, choose shoes with non-slip soles, pay attention to the non-slip warning signs, and go around when you find the ground is wet.
4. You can paste Kunshan Yuhuan anti slip tape on the ground that is easily slippery. The surface of the tape is made of rough 80# alumina sand, which aims to increase the friction between the ground and the soles of your shoes, thus reducing the occurrence of fall accidents and creating a safer environment for your home and family.
5. For those who have mobility problems, are elderly and frail, and cannot take care of themselves, please move around in the company of family members or escorts, and do not leave the bed by yourself.
6. If you are taking special medication: sedative, hypotensive, hypoglycemic, diuretic, etc., do not leave the bed at will and walk with a companion.
7. Do not pile up miscellaneous objects in the place where you often move, and keep the walkway clear.
8. Strengthen the lighting, leave the night light in the bedroom, soft indoor light, to facilitate your movement.
9. Do a good job of anti-slip treatment of the bathroom floor, keep the living room floor dry, the ground is wet in time to deal with.
10. Daily necessities should not be placed too high or too low, placed in an easy-to-reach place.
11. Indoor furniture placement should be reasonable, keep the ground flat and free of obstacles.